At Burrowmoor Primary Academy, our School Council is an important part of our school. It allows the pupils to have their say about different matters which affect our school, well-being and our learning. Every pupil has the right to express their ideas and to have a student voice.
Our School Council is made up of representatives from across the school.
Year 6 children have the roles of:
- Vice chair
- Vice Secretary
In addition, there are class representatives from each class from Year 1 to Year 6. In Year 1 -6, children are elected democratically by the peers in their class.
We the school council of Burrowmoor Primary:
Pledge the following
· We will work our hardest for our friends at our school to make the biggest difference that we can.
· We will help our teachers to continue to battle behaviour
· We will work with our friends to be buddies and support children who are struggling at lunch and break time.
· We will help our friends to be happy to come to school.
· We will fundraise to help improve our school facilities
· We will be positive representatives of our school
· WE ARE THE BRIDGE BETWEEN OUR FRIENDS AND THE SCHOOL LEADERS
House Captains have been chosen who will represent each of the Houses at different times throughout the year.